Want to develop social activities for the International Community in Lund?
Eos Cares is a social sustainability program within the basketball club IK Eos in Lund, one of the largest within the Swedish sports movement with more than 2000 participants per year. Eos Cares activities are currently run through the following programs:
- Eos Language Café. Twice per week is offered well-attended language cafés, with conversations in several languages and for all levels.
- Language Tandem Program. A language exchange program for conversation training, which works essentially as a flexible mini-language café.
- Welcome to Lund. Network and mentorship sessions targeting the Lund International Community, held in English.
- Cook- & Bake-along. Cooking and baking group that, among other things, provides language cafés and other activities with refreshments.
- Local Discoveries. Excursions to nature areas around Lund, to display all the magical places that hide beyond the horizon.
Eos Cares also participates actively in external collaborations:
- Prisma. A program run together with Lund Municipality and Save the Children, with the aim of involving newcomers and other societal groups in meaningful leisure activities.
- Hemmaplan. The Skåne Basketball Association's program for establishing sports associations in socio-economically challenged areas. In Lund, the work is channeled through the new sports club HSIF Klostergården.
- Food Saving Lund. A network that collects food that would otherwise end up in the trash.
The activities are led by the Eos Cares Management Team, a group of 5-10 interns with different backgrounds. The core of the work is executed within the so-called "Development Teams", one for each of the programs described above, as well as a Communications Team with responsibility for online platform and social media. In addition to the interns, the program has about 30 active volunteers who contribute within various activities.
With this ad, we are looking to recruit people who want to develop social activities for the international community, through the Welcome to Lund program. In this role, you will also take part of Eos Cares full range of activities, as a member of our Management Team and at least one more Development Team in addition to Welcome to Lund. You will work tightly together with our core group, and at the same time build an extensive network through our other volunteers, participants and collaborators.