Become a volunteer for asylum seeking children!
Rädda Barnen, Göteborg
Rädda Barnen (Save the Children) is one of several non-profit organisations that operate at the activity house of the Swedish migration agency's accomodation in Kållered called Sagåsen. The visitors of the activity house "House 100" are residents of Sagåsen- newly arrived asylum seekers. By staffing the house with volunteers year round we enable the house to stay open for the residents, so the adults have a place to go for socializing, and the kids for playing. Our group consists of a round 10 volunteers with different backgrounds and language knowledge who takes turns at staffing the activity house on Tuesdays at 6p.m-8p.m, we are always at least three volunteers. We host activities primarily for the children: for example, they can paint, play games and other activities where they you can just be kids. We also offer coffee, tea and fika. Our aim is to offer a safe and welcoming environment for the families and to reduce the stress and restlessness of the children living in a vulnerable situation.
To be able to join as a volunteer at Sagåsen we would like you to:
- be an advocate for children's rights!
- be able to be there at least one Tuesday a month from 6p.m-8p.m
- you have to be at least 18 years old
- to leave an extract from the police's criminal record registry is required
- all volunteers are required to do the online training course Child Safeguarding
- read and sign our guidelines for working voluntarily with children