What is Bruised Food Club?
More information about BFC can be found here: https://bruisedfoodclub.org/about/
The board consists of the following positions:
- Chairperson: supervises that the board is doing the work they set out to do. That requires keeping track of all the activities and projects being organized by BFC and checking on the people responsible for carrying them out. This includes organizing and leading meetings, communicating with the team leaders as well as representing BFC internally and externally towards our partners and collaborators.
- Vicechair: assists the chairperson with their work.
- Team leader: there are currently three teams (Food Heroes, Education, Communication), each working in a different area. As a team leader, you are responsible to organize regular meetings and supervising the team’s progress. In addition, regular reports about the team’s work are reported to the secretary, who sends the newsletter emails.
- Secretary: responsible for writing the minutes in meetings when present and sending out update emails on a biweekly basis. Furthermore, the secretary is responsible for keeping the documents organized, monitoring BFC’s email, and communicating with the rest of the team about events, courses, and workshops.
- Treasurer: as treasurer, you would be responsible for working with current sponsorships, searching for and working with new sponsors, and also being in charge of keeping a tab on the organization's budget.
- Nomination committee: searches for candidates for the following yearly meeting.
In order to take part in the election (elect and be elected) it is mandatory to be a member of BFC. To become a member a membership fee of 100 SEK (or 20 SEK for volunteers) has to be paid before the day of the Yearly Meeting (14/5). As a volunteer, you are regularly helping out in the organization e.g. when hosting markets or planning workshops.
Welcome with your application!
The board positions have a one year duration starting from Spring 2023 until the next Yearly Meeting in 2024.
När och var sker uppdraget
The work is based in Uppsala during the week as well as on week ends. However, times for meetings are agreed upon between the volunteers and the board members.
Typ av uppdrag