The assignment also involves some practical tasks such as the following:
- Planning and implementing varied activities to suit different types of people: Activities may include board game nights, speed-friending, guest speakers, workshops, etc.
- Preparing and setting out coffee/fika and cleaning up in the kitchen and after the activities.
- To act as a leader and motivate engagement in the activities, and answer practical questions from visitors.
- Take notes and document the evening's events.
- Help spread information about upcoming activities via social media.
- You speak more languages than English or Swedish.
- You are used to meeting people in different life situations and are comfortable working in a multicultural context.
- You have an ability to inspire trust and participation.
- You have an understanding of anti-racist, feminist and intersectional perspectives.
- This assignment is completely voluntary so there will be no remuneration.
- To volunteer at RFSL Stockholm you need to be a member of our organisation.
- In order to be a volunteer with us, you need to be able to provide a criminal record check.
- You need to be 18 years or older.
- You share RFSL's vision on human rights, equal treatment and diversity.
- As a volunteer with us, you get to be a part of a wonderful community!
- You get to be involved in creating and designing queer evenings.
- You contribute to creating a society where there are more social contexts for LGBTQI people to express themselves.
- You will take part in a rewarding volunteer training programme at the beginning of your assignment.
Are you interested? We are looking forward to read your application! 😊
We would like volunteers to be available at least 2 evenings a month.
När och var sker uppdraget
The assignment is carried out at our premises at Alsnögatan 7, 116 41 Stockholm, on Tuesdays between approx. 17.00 - 21.00. Weekend assignments can take place during the day and at external locations around Stockholm.
Dag, helg, kväll
Typ av uppdrag